Call Today 888.304.2418
Determined Family Lawyers Contact Our Team Today to Appeal Your Court Decision

South Carolina Family Court Appeal

The Law Office of James R. Snell, Jr., LLC, located in Lexington, South Carolina, can assist you with filing an appeal in your Family Court case. You are generally eligible to file an appeal any final order on the merits or dealing with contempt. Temporary or pendente lite orders are not appealable. There is a thirty day time limit set to begin an appeal after a Family Court order (10 days for juvenile justice).

Top Ten Family Court Appeal Questions

Appeals in Family Court cases are taken up to the South Carolina Court of Appeals. This Court has the authority to review all decisions regarding matters of alimony, child custody, visitation, termination of parental rights, property distribution or divorce. The Court of Appeals also can review the final decision in any case involving the South Carolina Department of Social Services (SC DSS).

When an appeal is successful it can result in a reversal of the original Family Court order or a return of the case back to the Family Court with additional instructions being provided to the judge. We are able to represent clients in appealing Family Court decisions from any County in the State. Due to the extensive nature of initial consultations regarding Family Court appeals a consultation fee is required.

To discuss appealing your Family Court order contact James Snell at (888) 304-2418.

  • Better Business Bureau - Accredited Business
  • South Carolina Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
  • South Carolina Association for Justice
  • American Association for Justice
  • 10.0 Superb Rating on Avvo

Stay Updated

  • Hernia Mesh Lawsuit - Do You Qualify?

    The Law Office of James R. Snell, Jr., LLC, is currently accepting clients who received a hernia mesh and have suffered complications, including ...

    View More
  • What to do if sued by your credit card company.

    If you've been sued by your credit card company you have only a limited amount of time to take action. You know if you've been sued if a process ...

    View More
  • Appealing a South Carolina Probate Court

    Do you disagree with the decision made by a South Carolina probate court? Our probate appeals attorney can help you challenge the final order or ...

    View More

Get Started Today

We're Available to Schedule Immediate, Same-Day Consultations
  • Please enter your name.
  • This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.